Communications & Gifts
This feature is intended to allow organizations to send out communications and gift points for special occasions.
Empuls helps you send communications to employees for occasions that are beyond the scope of employees' performance at work. These occasions can be special occasions in an employee's life like the birth of a child, getting married, and other similar instances.
Few of the predictable events are automated via the Automated Communications feature, this section helps you send communications with gift points whenever an occasion arises.
When to use this feature?
1) Employee's special occasions like the Birth of a child, Getting Married or being promoted, etc.
2) Festive occasions like Christmas, Diwali, etc where the HR wishes to send greetings to all or a subset of the employees.
3) Prizes for events like Best Halloween Costume, Champion of Chees Contest, etc.
4) Other events that signify the employee's contribution beyond the scope of his job like taking up job interviews, providing referrals for open roles, etc.
Who can use this feature?
This feature is intended for HR and Manager personas. The Super Admin can create communications/gift templates on different occasions and make them accessible to respective personas for use.
Super Admins can limit access to this feature to themselves or allow it for other roles based on organizational needs.
How to use this feature?
The feature can be broken into 2 units as below.
- 1.Setting up of communication/gift templates [For Super Admin]
- 2.Sending communications/gifts [For all users]
The next section elaborates on these pointers in greater detail.
- 1.Navigate to Settings --> Awards, Values & Gifts page and switch to the Gifts & Prizes tab.
- 2.Click on Add New Gifting Event button at the top right corner of the page to add a new event for which you wish to send a communication or a gift. You may also edit any of the existing events.
- 3.Choose from any of the event templates made available on Empuls or create one from scratch.
- 4.Provide details required for setting up this gift, this includes
- Details about the event and the communication you wish to send
- The value of the gift for this event (optional)
- Configure who can send this gift and who should be informed whenever such an event occurs.
- 5.Preview the greeting message on the left-hand side or send it to your inbox using the option "Send a test email". You may also send a test mail to yourself, to check how the greeting would be delivered to the employees.
- 6.Finish setup to save this event.
The event will now be visible to eligible employees to send on Send Gifts Menu.
- 1.Navigate to Send Gifts section to see the option to Send a Gift. In this section, you can also see the history of all the gifts that you have sent in the past.
- 2.Click on Send Gifts button to initiate a 3-step gifting process
- Select the event for which you wish to send a communication or a gift
- Select the recipients of this communication/gift by searching for them by name or email id. In case of a large list of recipients, Paste the email IDs of all users in the input box or use the Upload CSV option.
- Review the total number of users selected and points [if any] and Send.
- 3.Super Admins sending this gift will be able to select a group of users in Step 2 by clicking on the metadata options available
Festival communications/gifts are typically sent to all the employees in the organization. Select 'Everyone' for this purpose.