Recognize great work and earn rewards with Empuls.
1) Appreciate & Reward your team
Give value cards, monetary awards, or nominate co-workers on Teams in 3 simple steps.
- 1.Go to channel/group chat on your MS Teams app where you wish to appreciate your teammate.
- 2.Click on the Empuls icon on the message extension box to initiate recognition.
- 3.Enter details of who you wish to appreciate, the award/core value to be given, and your reason for the appreciation and Submit. In case the award requires approval, your appreciation message will be published post review by the approver.
Note: You may be asked to add the Empuls app to the selected channel.
2) Redeem Reward Points
Buy gift cards using points that you have received as a reward using Redeem Points Command on the 1:1 Chat with Empuls.
Share your feedback to your organization and your peers by responding to surveys on Empuls. You will be notified about this on a 1:1 chat with Empuls.
More features coming soon. For all features explore the Empuls web app.
This feature allows Empuls admins to automatically publish all events like Awards, Appreciations, birthday, and work anniversary messages posted on Empuls Home Page to a dedicated channel/Group chat on MS Teams.
Here are the steps for setting this up
- Select a public channel on MS Team where you want all Empuls messages to be published. Install Empuls app on it.
- Go to Empuls > Settings > Integrations > Microsoft Teams to start the setup. Only Empuls admins can do this.
- Click on the "View Empuls App on MS Teams" button. Move on to the next step if you don't see this button.
- Click on Select Team or Group Chat button to view a fullscreen pop-up with the title "Edit Configuration"
- In Edit Configuration Pop-up, select a Team or a group chat where you wish all Empuls messages to be published.
- Select the type of messages to be published on your team channel and click Save.
Voila! The setup is complete. Empuls app will start publishing messages on the selected channel whenever they are published on Townhall or any other group.
This section guides Admins on installing the Empuls app Microsoft Teams for your organization through the Microsoft Teams admin center.
Empuls app can be installed as a 1:1 chatbot for all employees (Referred to as Add to me) and as a bot to send appreciations/awards on channels (Referred to as Add to Team/Add to Chat).
1. Install the Empuls app for all employees
Employees can access their Empuls account from MS Teams when the app is installed in their personal space (Referred to as Add to Me in the MS Teams Apps store).
- 1.To install the Empuls app for all users in your organization
- 2.Log in to the Microsoft Teams admin center.
- 3.Click Teams apps > Setup Policies
- 4.Click the Global (Org-wide default) option to edit the policy
- 5.Click on Add Apps option under the Installed App section, this allows you to add the Empuls app to the default installed app for all users.
- 6.Click on Add Apps option under Pinned App section, this allows you to pin the Empuls app in messaging extensions and the Teams app bar.
- 7.Scroll to the end of the page to save the changes.
Voila! Empuls is installed for all users on your Microsoft Teams instance.
2. Install the Empuls app on all Channels
With the Empuls app added as a message extension on all your MS Teams channels, You may install the app to all or a few select channels from their admin console.
- 1.Log in to the Microsoft Teams admin center.
- 2.Click Teams apps > Manage Apps Search for Empuls app on the app list table and select to see the Add to Teams option
- 3.Click on Add to teams link to see the channel in the right-hand side panel, select and save.
All Done! Empuls app is now added to all employees and channels.
You’ll not be able to find the Empuls App if your Microsoft Teams administrator has blocked users from accessing public (Third-party) apps from the store. Please ask your administrator to enable Empuls on the Microsoft Teams app store. Refer to the Installation guide for more information.
2) How do I uninstall the Empuls app from a Microsoft Teams channel?
You can uninstall the app from a channel by navigating to the Apps section from the Manage Team option.
You can uninstall the Empuls bot from your account by following these steps:
- 1.Navigate to the chat section
- 2.Hover on the Empuls app
- 3.Right-click on the app and select Uninstall.
Why does this happen?
This page appears if the Microsoft administrators at your organization have added controls to prevent users from installing or using apps on Microsoft Store.
How to solve it?
A) Enter your reason for using Empuls app in the input box and click "Request Approval", this will submit your request to your Microsoft Administrator.
B) Your Microsoft Administrator can see your request in the azure portal under the Enterprise applications section. (URL:https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/StartboardApplicationsMenuBlade/~/AppAppsPreview/menuId~/null)
Make sure to nudge your Microsoft Administrator as your request may get lost in the plethora of other similar requests.
C) The Microsoft administrator can allow the Empuls app to allow all users sign in without any additional permissions from the administrators. Sample image below
Once completed. All users can log in and start using the Empuls app.
Empuls app on Microsoft Teams will have permission to:
- Receive messages and data that I provide to it: This permission allows users to interact with Empuls bot
- Send me messages and notifications: This permission allows Em bot to send notifications to users when the bot is installed.
- Access my profile information such as my name, email address, company name and preferred language: This permission allows Empuls app identify the user and share relevant information to him.
- Receive messages and data that team or chat members provide to it in a channel or chat: This permission allows users to interact with Empuls bot by means of tagging Empuls in the conversation.
- Send messages and notifications in a channel or chat: This permission allows Empuls app to share appreciation messages on channel and group chats.
- Access information from this team or chat such as team or chat name, channel list and roster (including team or chat member's names and email addresses) - and use this to contact them : This permission is an pre requisite of the previous permission, Empuls app needs to know the channels and group chats the user is part of to allow users share appreciation messages there.